The Artists' 20/20 Deal
If you are an artist looking for a new outlet - or a crafter just starting out Kitten & Goat have a really great opportunity for you to put your work before the buying public.
Basically the deal is this -
Hire the shop window for 1 week - £20
Sell your goods at 20% commission
The Kitten & Goat shop is in the centre of Kendal - in one of the prettiest parts of town, crossing 2 major shopping streets. There is loads of foot fall - which could be easily converted to passing trade sales.
The deal is simple - the shop window is yours for the week (from Tuesday - Saturday) to display your work for sale. Kitten has extensive experience in window display - so you can leave it to her to set up and maintain if you wish - or do it yourself and pop in to tidy and check. You can swap your stock about - refresh and replace as you wish - your call.
Your work is there to sell and promote YOU. Kitten will sell your items and make a record of the sale - she will take 20% of the selling price as commission.
So really - that's it - £20 buys you a window for the week - 20% commission will be taken when you sell one of your pieces - simples
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The trading week lasts from Tuesday through to Saturday - the shop is closed on Sunday/Monday.
- You can choose to set up your own display - or drop off stock to be displayed for you.
- You can drop in during trading hours to tend your display - or leave spare stock to be rotated/replaced when sold.
- The window will be cleared over the weekend for you to collect on Tuesday - or you can clear it yourself on Saturday afternoon.
- Feel free to bring in any display props you want to use - Kitten also has various display props you can borrow - discuss this with kitten when you make your booking.
- You will need to provide any branded point of sale bags / special wrappings / carry boxes etc. Any supplies that kitten has to buy for you will be kept a record of and deducted from your net sales money - ie - if you are selling ceramics and don't leave bubble wrap - kitten will have to buy some.
- £20 for the window will be charged at point of booking - if you change your mind - or something crops up your money will be re-funded as long as you cancel 2 WEEKS before you are due to show.
- 20% is taken at the time of sale and the remainder will be held for you to collect.
- Payments are made at the end of the week minus commission subject to any payments being made by cheque being cleared in our bank.
- You are welcome to spend any time you wish in the shop during trading hours - evenings by arrangement
- This offer is restricted to the first week of each month - limited to a maximum of two times per year per business.
- Your display week will be promoted on The Kitten & The Goat website, in the window as a 'coming on' and on kitten's work blog